Unsurprisingly given its traditional ambience and superb skiing, Morzine is one of the most popular resorts in the Alps with good property hard to come by. Many resort guests spend a lot of their day standing around waiting for over-crowded resort shuttle busses or walking long distances in their skiwear to the nearest lift. So we were delighted to secure our Chalet Chamois D'Or, located in a truly prime location just seconds away from the Nyon cable car and ski slopes.
From its hillside location above the resort this large detached chalet offers stunning panoramic mountain views and the position also fills the building with light, making it a joy to stay in and hugely popular. For the ultimate luxury there’s even an outdoor hot tub on the sun terrace allowing you to capture the beautiful views of the mountains.
At a Glance
The Ground floor comprises of a ski store with heated ski boot racks and seating.This leads out to the private garden steps which descend directly to the Nyon Cable Car.
- Main entrance with dining area seating 14 people on a mezzanine level & steps down onto the 2nd floor into the open plan lounge
- Lounge with fireplace and comfortable seating
- Bedroom 1 - Double with en suite bathroom (bath, shower, toilet and basin) and access to the balcony
- Bedroom 2 Double with en suite shower, toilet, basin and balcony
- bedroom 7 Separate bedroom containing full size bunk beds and an en-suite shower
- Bedroom 3 Double with en suite bathroom (bath, toilet, overhead shower and basin), balcony - This bedroom can be made into a twin if required.
- Bedroom 4 Twin with en suite bathroom (bath, overhead shower, toilet and sink) & balcony
- Bedroom 5 Double with en suite bathroom (shower, toilet, basin) and balcony
- Bedroom 6 Twin with en suite bathroom( shower, sink, toilet) and balcony
- Fireplace / Wood Burning Stove
- Hot Tub
- Bluetooth Speaker
- Free WIFI
- Free local parking
- Boot Warmers
- Private Garden
Chamois D'Or offers superb access to the whole of the Porte de Soleil Ski region. It is situated beside the Nyon Cable Car, which is accessed down the garden steps so couldn't be more convenient. You are able to ski back along the winding Chamois Piste through the forest to within 100 metres of the Chalet. From the Nyon cable car you can ski the slopes up on Pointe Nyon, which holds some of the best skiing and boarding in the area.
Morzine town centre is a 15 minute stroll along a pretty forest path which runs alongside a stream. A free shuttle bus stops right outside the chalet which goes directly into town where there are a huge variety of shops, bars and restaurants.
When you book the whole chalet you only pay for 13 people
16 Dec 2017 Sold out
20 Dec 2017 Sold out
23 Dec 2017 Sold out
30 Dec 2017 Sold out
06 Jan 2018 Sold out
13 Jan 2018 Sold out
20 Jan 2018 Sold out
27 Jan 2018 Sold out
03 Feb 2018 Sold out
10 Feb 2018 Sold out
17 Feb 2018 Sold out
24 Feb 2018 Sold out
03 Mar 2018 Sold out
10 Mar 2018 Sold out
17 Mar 2018 From £499 PP Was £599 Book now
24 Mar 2018 From £599 PP Book now
31 Mar 2018 From £599 PP Book now
07 Apr 2018 From £499 PP Book now
Our catered service price includes:
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- Continental breakfast with daily hot option on 6 days (self –service breakfast on the chalet staff day off)
- Afternoon tea with freshly baked cakes on six days
- 3 course evening meal on six nights
- A selection of complimentary hand-picked bottled wine served with the evening meal
- Children’s dinner at 6pm (if required)
- Complimentary toiletries from the Bath House
- Free WIFI and UK satellite TV and Bluetooth speakers
- Dedicated and helpful service from all the Mountain Heaven team in resort
- Pre-holiday assistance with help with booking you ski passes discounted equipment, lessons, massage and other activities in resort
- Complimentary airport/train transfers (discounts are available if not required)
- Fully private transfers from any local Alpine airport/station (whole chalet bookings only)
- Shared transfers from Geneva for room by room bookings (strict terms and conditions apply)
Additional optional services available:
- Fully private transfers at a small additional cost if the whole chalet has not been booked
- Wine upgrade to our Flagship chalet wine
Discounts/Single Room Supplements
- Children under 12 - at 10% discount
- If only one person occupies a bedroom the charge will be the 2 X the per person price less £100
- For exclusive chalets where children would like to eat the adult meal there will be a £25 supplement per child, for shared chalets a childrens meal will be provided for children under 12 at 6pm
- Children are welcome in any of our chalets at any time and we do not have a policy of "child free" chalets, if this is important to you please discuss with us at the time of booking.
Note: Please note that no child or other discounts apply to the whole chalet price
Under 12's if in family bunk bedroom and occupied by 2 children there is a 50% discount applied. This discount is not available when the adult price has been discounted, in those cases the original adult price will apply and the discount will be based on that price.
Michael and Orsolya
We are a long-term, harmonious and happy couple. A few years ago we began to think of ways to change the way we live and work. In April 2016 we decided to jump ship take a chance and set sail to work the spring-summer festival season in the UK as therapists. Before April 2016 we were based in London for many years. Mick originally from the North of England worked as the Head of Field Operations for the largest Corporate News Delivery Specialist in the UK, JYL. Orsi from Hungary has seven years hospitality experience and managed one of the best vegetarian restaurants in London, the Vanilla Black, cooked, juiced and guided people detoxing and to live a healthier life as a nutritionist.
After another summer working the UK festivals this year and because we had such a great experience there last year with just about everybody who came through our door, we’ve decided to return to Chalet Chamois D’or for another season with its wonderful character, fabulous location, the Point du Nyon ski lift is literally a stones throw from the back door, and Morzine apart from snow, has so much to offer. We are genuinely looking forward to working the winter season 2017- 2018 with Mountain Heaven again and spending quality time with you and hearing your stories too
This is a selection of the feedback we received on this chalet and the hosts this season:
Orsi and Mick went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. They are a credit to MH.
This has been our fourth year using Mountain Heaven & we will return next year.
We have been lucky to share the experience with some lovely fellow guests. I would definitely recommend to friends.
Big thank you!
I cannot praise enough the host team!!!
Our hosts Mick and Orsi were superb. Our welcome was outstanding, the friendliest we have ever had, very inviting. We felt at home and comfortable from the start of the holiday. They were great with the children and were just lovely genuine people who made our holiday very special.
The menu was excellent for both adults and children, portions for older children also excellent. Wines also very good, better than in most chalets we have previously been in. Walk to Morzine is easy, brisk 20 minutes for adult and children on the evening out, even with 8 children. Definitely recommend, excellent from start to finish.
Morzine has so much more to offer than most resorts.