Unsurprisingly given its traditional ambience and superb skiing, Morzine is one of the most popular resorts in the Alps with good property hard to come by. Many resort guests spend a lot of their day standing around waiting for over-crowded resort shuttle busses or walking long distances in their skiwear to the nearest lift. So we were delighted to secure our Chalet Chamois D'Or, located in a truly prime location just seconds away from the Nyon cable car and ski slopes.
From its hillside location above the resort this large detached chalet offers stunning panoramic mountain views and the position also fills the building with light, making it a joy to stay in and hugely popular. For the ultimate luxury there’s even an outdoor hot tub on the sun terrace allowing you to capture the beautiful views of the mountains.
At a Glance
The Ground floor comprises of a ski store with heated ski boot racks and seating.This leads out to the private garden steps which descend directly to the Nyon Cable Car.
- Main entrance with dining area seating 14 people on a mezzanine level & steps down onto the 2nd floor into the open plan lounge
- Lounge with fireplace and comfortable seating
- Bedroom 1 - Double with en suite bathroom (bath, shower, toilet and basin) and access to the balcony
- Bedroom 2 Double with en suite shower, toilet, basin and balcony
- bedroom 7 Separate bedroom containing full size bunk beds and an en-suite shower
- Bedroom 3 Double with en suite bathroom (bath, toilet, overhead shower and basin), balcony - This bedroom can be made into a twin if required.
- Bedroom 4 Twin with en suite bathroom (bath, overhead shower, toilet and sink) & balcony
- Bedroom 5 Double with en suite bathroom (shower, toilet, basin) and balcony
- Bedroom 6 Twin with en suite bathroom( shower, sink, toilet) and balcony
- Fireplace / Wood Burning Stove
- Hot Tub
- Bluetooth Speaker
- Free WIFI
- Free local parking
- Boot Warmers
- Private Garden
Chamois D'Or offers superb access to the whole of the Porte de Soleil Ski region. It is situated beside the Nyon Cable Car, which is accessed down the garden steps so couldn't be more convenient. You are able to ski back along the winding Chamois Piste through the forest to within 100 metres of the Chalet. From the Nyon cable car you can ski the slopes up on Pointe Nyon, which holds some of the best skiing and boarding in the area.
Morzine town centre is a 15 minute stroll along a pretty forest path which runs alongside a stream. A free shuttle bus stops right outside the chalet which goes directly into town where there are a huge variety of shops, bars and restaurants.
When you book the whole chalet you only pay for 13 people
07 Apr 2018 Sold out
22 Dec 2018 Sold out
29 Dec 2018 From £999 PP Book now
05 Jan 2019 From £649 PP Book now
12 Jan 2019 From £649 PP Book now
19 Jan 2019 From £649 PP Book now
26 Jan 2019 From £649 PP Book now
02 Feb 2019 From £649 PP Book now
09 Feb 2019 From £799 PP Book now
16 Feb 2019 Sold out
23 Feb 2019 From £749 PP Book now
02 Mar 2019 From £749 PP Book now
09 Mar 2019 From £749 PP Book now
16 Mar 2019 From £749 PP Book now
23 Mar 2019 From £749 PP Book now
30 Mar 2019 From £699 PP Book now
06 Apr 2019 From £749 PP Book now
13 Apr 2019 From £499 PP Book now
Our catered service price includes:
- Complimentary shared airport transfers from Geneva or train transfers (strict terms and conditions apply and discounts are available if not required)
- Fully private transfers can be added at an additional cost
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast each morning (self – service on the chalet staff days off)
- Afternoon tea with cakes (6 nights)
- Evening meal on 6 nights (on five nights there will be 3 courses and on one night 2 courses)
- Unlimited bottled wine served with the evening meal
- Complimentary toiletries
- Free WIFI (see FAQ)
- UK Satellite Television
- Dedicated and helpful service from all the Mountain Heaven team in resort
- Pre-holiday assistance with help booking your ski passes, discounted equipment, lessons, massage and other activities in resort
Additional optional services available:
- Fully private transfers at a small additional cost
- Wine upgrades
- In house Massage
Discounts/Single Room Supplements
- Children under 12 - at 10% discount
- If only one person occupies a bedroom the charge will be the 2 X the per person price less £100
- For exclusive chalets where children would like to eat the adult meal there will be a £25 supplement per child, for shared chalets a childrens meal will be provided for children under 12 at 6pm
- Children are welcome in any of our chalets at any time and we do not have a policy of "child free" chalets, if this is important to you please discuss with us at the time of booking.
Note: Please note that no child or other discounts apply to the whole chalet price
Under 12's if in family bunk bedroom and occupied by 2 children there is a 50% discount applied. This discount is not available when the adult price has been discounted, in those cases the original adult price will apply and the discount will be based on that price.
This is a selection of the feedback we received on this chalet and the hosts this season:
I cannot praise enough the host team!!!
Morzine has so much more to offer than most resorts.
We have been lucky to share the experience with some lovely fellow guests. I would definitely recommend to friends.
Big thank you!
Orsi and Mick went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. They are a credit to MH.
Our hosts Mick and Orsi were superb. Our welcome was outstanding, the friendliest we have ever had, very inviting. We felt at home and comfortable from the start of the holiday. They were great with the children and were just lovely genuine people who made our holiday very special.
The menu was excellent for both adults and children, portions for older children also excellent. Wines also very good, better than in most chalets we have previously been in. Walk to Morzine is easy, brisk 20 minutes for adult and children on the evening out, even with 8 children. Definitely recommend, excellent from start to finish.
This has been our fourth year using Mountain Heaven & we will return next year.