Unsurprisingly given its traditional ambience and superb skiing, Morzine is one of the most popular resorts in the Alps with property close to the lifts hard to come by. So Chalet Chamois D'Or, located just seconds away from the Nyon cable car and ski slopes is a real find.
From its hillside location this large detached chalet offers stunning panoramic mountain views from each of its seven en-suite bedrooms. Its lounge has large windows to maximise the light making it a joy to stay in and hugely popular. For your added comfort there’s an outdoor hot tub on the sun terrace allowing you to capture the beautiful views of the mountains.
At a Glance
The Ground floor comprises of a ski store with heated ski boot racks and seating.This leads out to the private garden steps which descend directly to the Nyon Cable Car.
- Main entrance with dining area seating 14 people on a mezzanine level & steps down onto the 2nd floor into the open plan lounge
- Lounge with fireplace and comfortable seating
- Bedroom 1 - Double with en suite bathroom (bath, shower, toilet and basin) and access to the balcony
- Bedroom 2 Double with en suite shower, toilet, basin and balcony
- bedroom 7 Separate bedroom containing full size bunk beds and an en-suite shower
- Bedroom 3 Double with en suite bathroom (bath, toilet, overhead shower and basin), balcony - This bedroom can be made into a twin if required.
- Bedroom 4 Twin with en suite bathroom (bath, overhead shower, toilet and sink) & balcony
- Bedroom 5 Double with en suite bathroom (shower, toilet, basin) and balcony
- Bedroom 6 Twin with en suite bathroom( shower, sink, toilet) and balcony
- Fireplace / Wood Burning Stove
- Hot Tub
- Bluetooth Speaker
- Free WIFI
- Free local parking
- Boot Warmers
- Private Garden
Chamois D'Or offers superb access to the whole of the Porte de Soleil Ski region. It is situated beside the Nyon Cable Car, which is accessed down the garden steps so couldn't be more convenient. You are able to ski back along the winding Chamois Piste through the forest to within 100 metres of the Chalet. From the Nyon cable car you can ski the slopes up on Pointe Nyon, which holds some of the best skiing and boarding in the area.
Morzine town centre is a 15 minute stroll along a pretty forest path which runs alongside a stream. A free shuttle bus stops right outside the chalet which goes directly into town where there are a huge variety of shops, bars and restaurants.
When you book the whole chalet you only pay for 13 people
Catered service price includes:
Complimentary shared transfers from Geneva airport or local train stations (strict terms and conditions apply)
Seven nights’ accommodation
A welcome drink with canapes on arrival
Cooked breakfast on five mornings ( continental self – service on the chalet staff two days off)
Homemade afternoon tea on five afternoons to help yourself to
A three course evening meal on five nights
A cheeseboard on the final night
Quality bottled wine served with the evening meal on five nights
Mid-week clean with towel change
Free WiFi access (see FAQ) & UK Satellite Television
Dedicated and helpful service from all the Mountain Heaven team
Pre-holiday assistance with booking your ski passes, discounted equipment, lessons, massage and other activities in resort
Local Tourist tax - This will be charged per adult, per day at the rate prevailing for the chalet/resort and added to your final invoice
Meals or drinks on the chalet host days off
Special Dietary Requirements (charged at £50 per person)
Additional optional services available:
Fully private transfers, please ask for a quote
In house Massage with Massage Me
Discounts/Single Room Supplements
- Children under 12 (at the time of the holiday) get a 10% discount, if they require an adult rather than child meal there is a charge of £25 per child
- If only one person occupies a bedroom the charge will be the 2 X the per person price less £100
- Children are welcome in any of our chalets at any time and we do not have a policy of "child free" chalets, if this is important to you please discuss with us at the time of booking.
- If accepted additional children under 2, over the bedroom/chalet capacity, are charged at £200 each which includes a shared transfer, cots and highchairs but excludes baby food and bed linen/duvets
Under 12's if in family bunk bedroom and occupied by 2 children there is a 50% discount applied. This discount is not available when the adult price has been discounted, in those cases the original adult price will apply and the discount will be based on that price.
This is a selection of the feedback we received on this chalet and the hosts this season:
This has been our fourth year using Mountain Heaven & we will return next year.
Morzine has so much more to offer than most resorts.
We have been lucky to share the experience with some lovely fellow guests. I would definitely recommend to friends.
Big thank you!
Our hosts Mick and Orsi were superb. Our welcome was outstanding, the friendliest we have ever had, very inviting. We felt at home and comfortable from the start of the holiday. They were great with the children and were just lovely genuine people who made our holiday very special.
The menu was excellent for both adults and children, portions for older children also excellent. Wines also very good, better than in most chalets we have previously been in. Walk to Morzine is easy, brisk 20 minutes for adult and children on the evening out, even with 8 children. Definitely recommend, excellent from start to finish.
Orsi and Mick went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. They are a credit to MH.
I cannot praise enough the host team!!!