Ski Season Jobs
Are you thinking about working a ski season? Then why not work for Mountain Heaven?
Who we are
Mountain Heaven is an independent, family owned company who offer catered and self-catered chalets in the French and Swiss Alps. Mountain Heaven was set up in 2003 by Nick and Vicki Williams in La Plagne and have growing steadily over the years, building up a professional friendly team to operate in 6 fabulous resorts. We continually strive for excellence in everything we do and never forget that’s it’s our passion for the mountains that brought us here. We are proud of what we do and genuinely care about our guests and everyone we work with.
We are currently seeking Chalet Hosts to work in La Plagne, La Rosiere, Courchevel and La Tania. If you like the idea of an independent smallish ski company who value the people who work with them and listen to what they have to say then we would like to hear from you.
Have you got what it takes to work for us?
Are you hardworking, dedicated and demonstrate you can go the extra mile; do you have a bubbly, sociable personality a good sense of humour yet possess a sensible head and love to ski or board ? Do you have a passion for cooking, confidence throwing dinner parties or experience working in a professional kitchen?
If you tick all these boxes and have bags of initiative, and resilience for good measure then you might be just the person we like to work with.
We look for people who are naturally able to communicate on all levels, the ability to really listen and have emotional intelligence to respond to all our guests ensuring they are at the heart of everything.
We are currently seeking Single Chalet Hosts, Chalet Couples and Flexi Hosts to work in the following resorts:
La Plagne, La Rosiere, Courchevel and La Tania.
SINGLE CHALET HOSTS
As a single chalet host you will be responsible for your own chalet and you will look after between 8 to 10 guests
- The ability to cook meals for 8 to 10 guests from scratch using fresh ingredients and present them stylishly using a set menu.
- You must have the confidence to work in an open plan kitchen along with a calm approach to create a welcoming homely environment
- Previous cookery experience is beneficial or having undertaken a chalet cookery course.
- You will be responsible for the day to day running of the chalet to ensure the high standards at Mountain Heaven are maintained.
- You must be able to clean to a very high standard and to be organised with your cleaning routine
- You must be adaptable, outgoing and friendly with an eye for detail and most importantly have the ability to maintain high standards in all aspects of your role.
As a chalet couple you will be working in one of our larger chalets looking after between 14 to 16 guests
This position is for either an established couple or two friends who know they work well together. One of you will be the chalet cook taking the main responsibility for the chalet kitchen and preparation of the food and the other will assist in the kitchen and act as “front of house” and you both will work alongside each other as a team. You will both assist each other in the day to day aspect of running the chalet ensuring the high standards of Mountain Heaven are kept.
The skills required are the same as the single chalet host above but you must be able to work and live together harmoniously, supporting and respecting one another. Team work is what this job is all about.
This role involves working across several chalets assisting the Chalet Hosts/Cooks in the smooth running of the chalet
As a flexi host you will need to have plenty of initiative and be able to adapt and respond quickly to change. This is a diverse role and requires a multi skilled person but the ability to be able to cook is essential and to assist in the kitchen. Previous experience of cleaning is also beneficial and you must be able to drive (due to insurance reasons you must be over 21 and have held a driving licence for at least 2 years). You must be hard working with plenty of stamina as you will be required to clear snow when needed
Please note that all applicants must have an EU passport and a Permanenet UK National Insurance Number and UK Bank Account.
About the Mountain Heaven package:
- A competitive salary with an end of season bonus
- Travel to and from London.
- Food whilst on duty: our chalet hosts generally dine with the guests
- Accommodation in staff apartments or “live- in”
- One full day off per week
- Season lift pass
- Equipment hire
- Uniform - ski jacket, fleece and polo shirts
- Medical insurance
- Wages - paid monthly into your UK bank account..
If you would like to be a part of the Mountain Heaven Team then please contact Vicki with your C.V and covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable to work with us.
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 0151 625 1921