Ski Season Jobs
We are now fully recruited for the winter season 2023/24
Working for Mountain Heaven
Mountain Heaven has been providing catered and self-catered skiing holidays in the French and Swiss Alps for 20 years. We are an independent family owned company who began in 2003 and have been hands on and passionate about what we do ever since. Our chalets are located in our favourite resorts, where we have chosen a handful of chalets all offering guests a warm and friendly service.
We value our resort staff, recognising they are the essential part of our business working as part of a great team to deliver unforgettable ski holidays year after year. We go to great lengths to ensure our staff have what it takes to fit into our friendly team, making sure they are dedicated, enthusiastic, professional and passionate about the mountains.
Who we are looking for
Dedication, enthusiasm, teamwork and fun are important to us, so we go to great lengths to find the right people to work in our professional, happy team.
JOB ROLES – WINTER 2023/24
CHALET HOSTS (Singles or Couples)
Cooking: We look for candidates either with previous professional catering experience or have completed a cookery course. You will be expected to provide quality homemade breakfasts, afternoon tea including cakes and a three/four course evening meal to guests.
Customer Service: Providing excellent customer service putting the guest at the heart of everything you do. The role entails strong customer interaction throughout the week to ensure the guests feel welcome and thoroughly enjoy their stay.
Cleaning: You must maintain a spotless and presentable chalet throughout the week which includes daily cleaning of communal areas and bedrooms on working days. You will deep clean the chalet during changeover day. Chalets cleanliness is regularly monitored.
Flexibility: Your typical work morning involves starting at 7am to serve breakfast at 8am. Afterwards, you will prepare afternoon tea and the evening meal, as well as clean the communal areas and bedrooms and maintain the hot tub if applicable. In the evening you will prepare a three course meal. Each day varies so we require strong flexibility and willingness, with some days requiring more prep and receiving food and linen deliveries etc.
Salary and Benefits
- French working contract with a pre tax and deductions pay of circa €1900 per month.
- Two full days off per week ( can change on occasion to 1 full and 2 half days )
- Holiday Pay
- Comprehensive staff training at the start of the season.
- Ski equipment.
- Shared accommodation available if required at a reasonable cost
- Food whilst on duty.
- Local Ski Pass paid upon successful completion of season
- Contribution of travel to and from resort paid upon successful completion of season
- Assistance with all administration for visa and work permit applications (please note that as UK residents no longer have the right to work in France there is costs involved to the employee).
Experience & Requirements:
- You will have hospitality or customer service experience
- You have a natural ability to engage and talk with people, along with being a good listener.
- You must have an eye for detail and the ability to clean to a high standard.
- Excellent time keeping.
- You should be physically fit with plenty of enthusiasm and stamina.
- Be able to problem solve and be able to work on your own catering for up to 8 people with confidence.
- Candidates with an EU passport or the right to work in France (CDS or CDS Pluriannual) will be given priority.
- Applicants will have a proven track record of relevant customer focussed experience and you will need to be an experienced chef or cook with relevant skilled work experience or have completed a chalet specific course such as Fresh Tracks Chalet Hosting and Cookery School (freshtrackschaletschool.com). You can be offered a role subject to successful completion of a course and references from tutors.
- And of course a love for the mountains and be able to share that enthusiasm with your guests
How to apply
If you would like to work with Mountain Heaven, please send your C.V along with a covering letter outlining why you think you would be suited to work for us and what you personally can bring to Mountain Heaven
Please provide a 5 day menu plan that you would be confident to cook for up to 8 guests, which should include a Vegetarian option, Breakfast and afternoon tea.
Please send the above to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Mountain Heaven Team